|Greetings, and welcome to Granada Huntley East Chain. I am beyond excited to begin this year as your K-12 principal. Education today is a key tool in helping to prepare the next generation for their futures. At GHEC, we focus on six beliefs that help define how we think of education.
- in treating all students and staff with respect, dignity, and kindness;
- in providing the highest quality of education possible with the resources available;
- in doing the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, even when no one is watching;
- in maximizing student learning and potential regardless of academic ability;
- that a team of home, school, and community members will have a positive impact on each student; and
- that all students have a right to a safe learning environment
At GHEC, we strive to provide the best education possible for each student. We offer a variety of core and elective courses including Youth Service, IT Fundamentals, Robotics, and Anatomy. This year we are also continuing our PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) program. This program has been known to completely change a school's climate in a positive way, so we are very eager to begin our training.
This year we also continue our work from the district's Strategic Plan that was conducted during the school year 2014-2015. With assistance from this great community and the Minnesota School Board Association, we have developed a plan to help sustain our district and ensure we are providing the best education possible for our students.
I am looking forward to a fantastic year assisting GHEC with its mission: Assist all students in acquiring the academic, social, technical, and personal skills needed to become career, college, and community ready while developing a love for learning.
Please feel free to come in for a visit or call/email me any questions. Have a great school year!
Granada Huntley East Chain